If you couldn’t make it to Las Vegas this weekend for the Tarkanian Classic, you missed out. Some of the best high school basketball players in the country put on a show. These guys are the superstars of tomorrow, so sit back and get your popcorn ready. Here are the top 5 plays from the Tarkanian Classic, courtesy of our good friends at Ballislife.
- Marvin Bagley, III is the No. 1 player in the class of 2018. Troy Brown Jr. is the No. 17 player in the class of 2017. On this play, Brown got the best of Bagley as he split a pair of defenders before throwing down on Bagley.
- LaMelo Ball, younger brother of UCLA star Lonzo Ball, committed to UCLA when he was only 13 years old. He will certainly be one of the top players in the 2019 class, and you can see why on this play, where Ball blocks a shot, heads down the court and drops off a behind-the-back assist to his teammate who draws the and-1.
- Elijah Hardy is one of the most complete point guards in the class of 2018. Raymond Hawkins is a 2019 big that knows how to run the court. That’s a deadly combination, as you can see on this fast break alley-oop.
- Elijah Hardy and Raymond Hawkins link up again, but this time with a little flair added for good measure. Hardy throws it off the back board and Hawkins goes up and gets it.
- With the game on the line, freshman Noah Taitz crossed up his defender and converted the game-winning layup as time expired. The clutch play secured a win in the third place game for hometown Bishop Gorman.