Your 2017 Women’s Soccer Gear Guide
Whether it involves racing towards the goal, starting the fast break, or shutting down the opposition’s attack, every soccer position plays a unique and vital role in a team’s success. So when it comes to gearing up, make sure what you suit up in is built to match your particular set of skills and your position’s requirements. With that in mind, let’s get to it—check out your position and find the perfect women’s soccer gear for you.
- To become the most dangerous scoring threat during every match, forwards need elite touch and total lockdown. The Nike Mercurial Veloce III has a lightweight Teijin microfiber upper and an internal cage to keep your foot in place comfortably and help you blast the ball into the back of the net.
- If you’re looking to blow by your defenders on your way to the goal, the adidas X 17.1 is the right choice. Its Techfit upper gives you the stability and support you need while the Sprintframe outsole provides unmatched levels of speed and explosiveness.
- As you go on the attack, you can do so with confidence and comfort with the Nike Mercurial Flylight Guard. Its flexible shell provides reliable protection during impact and Dri-FIT technology keeps you comfortable and dry.
- Midfielders rack up the most miles so it’s essential that their cleats give them all-day comfort and the perfect fit. The Nike Hypervenom Phatal III features a contoured sockliner and Flywire cables so that every step you take is perfectly cushioned.
- You’ve also got to set the tempo and make that perfect pass that leads the break. With UA ClutchFit tech and a Trivela microfiber upper, the Under Armour ClutchFit Force has the touch, traction, and responsiveness you need to change the momentum of the match.
- Your shin guards need to protect you without giving you any distractions. The Nike Mercurial Lite have a low-profile construction and contain EVA foam for superb impact protection that won’t slow you down.
- Fast, supportive, and comfortable—the adidas ACE 17.1 is a defender’s dream. Its Primeknit upper wraps around your foot for adaptive stability while the Sprintframe outsole is extremely light and responsive.
- When defending, you’ll also need to cut at a moment’s notice and take control of the ball the minute it reaches your foot. The Medial Pivot Zone and Vari-zone Ariaprene upper on the New Balance Furon Pro V2 help you change directions on a dime and allow for incredible ball manipulation.
- Making sliding tackles can be dangerous. But if you gear up in the adidas Ghost Pro Guard, you’ll get the advanced protection and durable cushioning you need to go all out every moment.
- It can be difficult picking gear as a goalie, but the Nike Tiempo Legend VI is an excellent option. Constructed from kangaroo leather with All Conditions Control tech, you’ll get unrivaled control in any weather. And its flexible TPU plate moves with you to ensure that you can react immediately and never slip.
- Goalies will also love lacing up in the adidas COPA 17.1 cleats. Foam areas in the sock liner and heel lining give it a sock-like fit while the Premium K-leather upper gives you a luxurious fit and optimal ball touch. It’s truly a cleat fit for a keeper.
- There are plenty of goalie gloves out there, but the customizable fit and premium padding of the Nike Vapor Grip move it to the top of this list. Grip3 tech also gives you enhanced grip, and a ventilated design keeps your hands cool.
Did you find the gear you crave? Don’t worry, if you want to keep looking, Eastbay has a huge collection of the latest soccer gear from all the brands you love. Check it out here, choose the perfect fit, and get out there and dominate.