If you’ve ever been to a music festival before, the experience is one of a kind – the music is the sole factor tying people together. It has the power to turn strangers into friends and artists into idols.
They’re a getaway of sorts, allowing you to let loose and live in the moment.
Sounds perfect, right? It is, if you’re prepared. All it takes is blisters on your feet, sunburn on your shoulders, or a lost wallet and, suddenly, the moment of carefree bliss becomes chaos.
But with a little preparation, and the correct festival fashion, you’ll be one step closer to enjoying food, friends, and music.
When choosing the best festival clothing, here are the important things to remember:
- Light Layers: If you’re an all-day festival goer, layering is key. This helps you beat the heat during the hottest part of the day and stay warm after the sun goes down.
- Comfort Over Couture: If you enjoy dressing in high-fashion runway outfits, more power to you. But be sure to seriously consider the pros and cons first. By your second trip to the bathroom, you may be wishing you had an easy, comfortable outfit instead of something covered in zippers, buckles, and straps.
Arguably, footwear is the most important aspect of festival fashion. First-time festival goers often make a mistake when it comes to footwear. Learn from this. You’ll be on your feet all day, standing for sets and walking from one end of the festival grounds to the other. You want to look fresh for Instagram-worthy pics, but there are options that can make you look good without hating yourself at the end of the weekend. With the right shoes, you can make a fashion statement without compromising comfort.
With the right clothing and shoes your outfit is good to go, but to be truly festival-ready, you need accessories, something to makes you stand out from the crowd without feeling like an unnecessary prop. The perfect festival fashion accessories are a blend of fashion and function.
- Hats:With styles to match any outfit, a hat can be a wonderful accessory. In the heat of the day, with the sun right above you, a hat can help protect your face from sunburn. Hats can also help you see better – there’s nothing worse than the sun in your eyes while you’re trying to watch your favorite artist perform.
- Socks:Socks may not be an accessory you instantly associate with festivals, but they can be an easy way to stand out and let your personality shine. (Though you may want to consider the possibility of a tan line depending on the sun and how much it hits your legs.)
- Bags: Your bag choice is not a decision to be taken lightly. Before you purchase one, go online to the festival’s website to see if they have bag restrictions. Sometimes bags are required to be within a certain size limit, or they have to be clear/see-through. Once you find that information, you’re ready to shop for the perfect bag. Remember, you’ll want your hands and arms free so you can dance without restraint.
Now that you have the best clothes, shoes, and accessories, you can enjoy the festival worry-free. Get lost in the music, dance with strangers, and make memories. After all, that’s what summer is all about.